Wednesday, April 22, 2020

FCC Form 471 Window Deadline Reminder and PIA Update

Hello Everyone, 

I hope this message finds everyone safe and healthy while trying to keep up with the demands and challenges with education in Idaho. I know we are faced with many demands and E-rate filing may not be at the top of the priority list. Please let me know if I can assist in any way possible. 

Form 471 Filing Deadline:  April 29, 2020 at 11:59 pm EST 

The FCC has not changed the 471 Deadline and will not likely. My hope is that there may be additional relief or flexibility with the two-week Out Of Window filing timeframe for those who miss the initial 471 deadline. I have included the instructions below if needed. 

471 Guide: FCC Form 471 Instructional Guide

PIA Inquiries:

There have been a larger number of PIA requests this year and there have been several questions that are difficult to answer due to the pandemic. I am working with USAC to bring these to their attention as they occur. Please let me know if there is a question that cannot be answered today or may be an unreasonable request.  

Many of you who filed your 471 applications are already in PIA review. Although the FCC granted additional time for applicants to respond to USAC PIA inquiries, the EPC system is hard-coded to automatically send out reminder notices based on the normal program deadlines. In other words, ignore the deadlines stated in EPC and in the reminder notices you receive. Rest assured that USAC is not going to deny any of these forms or requests due to non-response or incomplete responses. They will instead continue their attempts to contact you, and when you are able to respond, they will continue their review.

Please let me know if there is anything I can assist with on your applications or PIA review inquiries. 

Stay Healthy! 

Todd 

No comments:

Post a Comment